Vacations have arrived and we know most of you are preparing for a trip.
Getting ready for vacations requires more than just reserving a hotel room or buying plane ticket, this is only the first part; knowing what to pack and what to bring with you can help you control your vacation budget as well as your overall comfort level.
That’s why we’d like to share with you this list of Top 10 things you need to keep in mind when you’re packing, that CanuckAbroad.com suggests us.
1. Make a list before you start - It’s easy to forget to pack certain things when you’re not sure what you need in the first place. Try making a list according to the days that you will be gone and write down what you might want to wear and bring.
2. Start a pile - It can help to start putting the things you want to bring with you on vacation in a pile prior to your departure. This will help you pack things as you think of them, as well as lessens the overall time you need to spend.
3. Be hesitant about luxury items - While you might want to bring your digital camera, think twice about the expensive jewelry or watches you might want to pack. You don’t want to lose these items or have them stolen when they didn’t really need to come with you in the first place.
4. Check your insurance policy - On that note, give a call to your insurance agent to see what’s covered in terms of luggage loss or items lost on vacation. You may want to extend your policy for the length of your vacation to put your mind at rest.
5. Create maps ahead of time - If you already have a good idea of where you’re going and what you’ll be doing, be sure to print out directional maps as you are packing. It will save you time and trouble when you arrive at your destination.
6. Remember your prescriptions - If you’re under the care of a physician for a certain ailment, you will want to be sure that you have more than enough pills to carry you through your trip. You will also want to have an additional prescription form and the number of your doctor on hand for emergencies.
7. Think about safety - While you probably won’t need this, remember to pack a small first aid kit as well as flashlight and batteries. This can help if you become stranded somewhere unfamiliar or become injured during an activity.
8. Conserve space in your bag - The best way to pack your clothes to keep them wrinkle-free is to roll each item separately and place into your bag. This also takes up much less room than traditional packing.
9. Think about your feet - Try to limit the pairs of shoes you bring with you on your vacation. Not only are they space-consuming and heavy, but they’re typically not necessary. A good pair of walking shoes and one pair of dress shoes is fine – and you’re wearing one of these pairs on the plane or in the car.
10. Consider what you plan to buy - Since most people come back with souvenirs of their trip, you might want to remember that when you’re packing and leave some space to bring things back.